Model 6098. Whether you’re headed to the campground with your family, or elk camp with your hunting buddies, this rugged, all-season tent is well suited for the occasion. Made with premium grade, Hydra-Shield™, 100% cotton duck canvas. The tight weave and silicone finish make the canvas watertight yet breathable, minimizing condensation and mugginess. Go ahead and touch the inside walls during a downpour—this canvas will not wick water. The Flex-Bow frame has tempered, spring steel rods that keep the tent taut, and robust 1-inch steel tube poles that will hold up to fierce winds. The floor material is a puncture resistant, 13.5 oz vinyl with welded seams, that keeps water out. Easy, one-person setup takes only a few minutes after you have it staked out. The steep walls and 6’1” high ceiling provide a roomy interior with stand-up, walk-around comfort. Large front and back doors with top rated #10 YKK zippers give convenient access. Four windows, and two vents allow ample air flow. Windows and vents have no-see-um screen mesh, keeping out the smallest bugs. A customizable gear organizer system offers plenty of places to stow gear. A large awning provides shade and a covered entry. Stainless steel, wire stake loops give superior strength and durability.
- Hydra-ShieldTM, 100% Cotton Duck Canvas. Durable, watertight and breathable
- Flex-Bow Frame: Exceptionally sturdy. Keeps tent taut. Quick and easy, one-person, setup
- Spacious 6'1" ceiling height provides walk-around comfort
- Two large D-shaped doors (front and back) with #10 YKK zippers
- Four large windows with no-see-um mesh
- Front Awning (70x57 inches) provides covered entry and shade
- Customizable organizer pockets (1 pocket organizer, 1 bag organizer, 2 sewn in pockets)
- Designed for compact storage
- Two funnel-flow vents help improve air flow and temperature management
- Stainless steel, wire stake loops
- Heavy-duty 12-inch, steel rod, stakes
- Zippered storage bag
- Pack Weight: 54.5 lbs. (includes 6 lbs in stakes)
- Pack Size: Tent-- Length 24 in. Diameter 13 in., Poles-- Length 35 in. Diameter 5.5 in.
- Capacity: 4-person
- Ceiling Material: 10 oz Hydra-shieldTM canvas
- Wall Material: 8.5 oz Hydra-ShieldTM canvas
- Floor Material: 13.5 oz vinyl. Polyester reinforced, with welded seams
- Frame: 1-inch, galvanized, steel tubing
- Flex-Bow Rods: 3/8-inch, solid, spring steel
- All-season: Use year-round, but not designed for extreme winter mountaineering or heavy snow accumulations
- Warranty: Lifetime limited warranty
California residents see Prop 65 WARNINGS
Additional Options (Sold Separately):
Practiced setting the tent up a couple of times in the backyard when I first got it. The canvas definitely stretches out after the first time of putting the cross bar through. Went three days of camping this last week with the new tent. We had incredible amounts of rain and wind for the majority of 3 days. The tent did not budge nor did it leak. It got filthy dirty with mud and debris but it stood like a rock. I was also very pleased the difference between other tents that I have where I was always hunched over moving around. With this tent I was standing tall and had a ton of room. So I'm a happy camper and just the ticket for how I base camp and do long day hikes. Worth the money in my book.
Today the weather was finally nice enough to put up the 9x8’ tent I purchased. It literally took me 30 minutes to put it up by myself (ground over and tent fully staked), and I’m a 5’5” 69 year old woman. So excited to start camping in it!
Super simple and quick to set up. Very durable and well made, I'm very impressed with the quality. The 9x8 "can" sleep more than 2 adults, but I'd recommend not more than that for maximum comfort. If you're planning on camping with kids, dogs, etc, I'd highly recommend one of the larger sizes.
I love this tent, but when it comes to adding other features to it, it’s limited. I’d love have a wing vestibule and a gear loft that would work with it. Other than that, I’m super happy with it. I docked this tent a star on this review, due to the limitations. I may be able to adapt the tent with these myself, but I’d rather it came with the tent right from the start.
My husband set up the tent in our front yard last weekend. It didn't take long at all for him to have it put together. (I wasn't able to help. I had surgery late last December and haven't been cleared to lift anything.) Once it was, we both stood back and admired it. Everything about this tent was better than I had anticipated. The canvas, the double-stitched seams, and the durable zippers, it is all made very well and made to last. I don't know if you are supposed to say that a tent is beautiful or not, but it is. The design of the tent is aesthetically pleasing with its clean lines and neutral colors. Both my husband and I are impressed! We couldn't have found a more perfect tent. This is to be great. We are going to enjoy this tent for many years to come.
Everything came as expected, and looks great...I wish that I had purchased the 10 x 10 my SJ cot hits the walls.
Amazing! My first Canvas tent that I have purchased and it’s nice. Quality materials and simple instructions, everything shipped fast and on time. Amazing company and quality materials, highly recommended, With easy setup Thank you Kodiak
We are delighted with our new 9x8 Flex-Bow tent. We used it the first time for 10 days in the dusty, dry northern Nevada desert (August 2022). It survived all the wind and dust storms, and kept most of the dust outside. The zippers worked well in the dust with just a bit of wax added. It is the perfect size for two people and our gear, and we loved standing up inside. We look forward to many more outings with this tent.
This is our second Kodiak tent. We have the 10x10 as well, liked that one so much that when we needed another tent, we selected this brand again.